We happen to love it, but we’re probably biased. Some of the perks we found are that you don’t have to worry about commuting, packing lunch, and you can wear whatever you want. Some of the challenges are that you must be comfortable working independently, disciplined to remove distractions and adhere to your work schedule. You’re home but not alone! You’ll have access to an internal support team that is available real-time to help answer any of your questions. In addition, we have tools like team chats and webcam that help foster engagement with your peers and management.
No, in order for us to maintain the security of our network and grant you access to our systems, we provide you a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, phone and headset. We require a refundable, equipment deposit of $250 which is spread out over 5 payroll deductions of $50/each. The deposit will be refunded when your employment ends and equipment is returned in good condition.
For your internet service, you will need FiOS, cable internet (preferred) or DSL (if only option). To run our systems and receive phone calls, the required speeds are: 10.0 Mbps download speed and 5.0 Mbps upload speed. To check your internet speed, go to http://www.speedtest.net/. We do not support dial up, satellite connections, “line-of-site”, or Wifi (e.g. 4G LTE) connections.
Maintaining stable connectivity is a job requirement. Dependent on the speed and stability of your internet connection and audio/voice quality, you may be required to either upgrade your service and/or obtain a traditional land line. Should a traditional land line be required, you will need a home phone line with no features such as call waiting or long distance. We support traditional land lines and digital voice service provided by your cable provider. We do not support internet based phone services (Vonage, Magic Jack, Sykpe, Ooma, etc.)
We’re available to our customers 24/7 and therefore our Customer Care Representatives must be available to work between the hours of 8:00 am EST and 12:00 am EST. Here’s what to expect:
- Available to work full-time (35-45 hours/week) based on business needs. Typically, Q1 is when we experience the 45-hour work weeks.
- You will generally work 9-hour shifts (8 hours with 1-hour break).
- You will be scheduled to work at least one weekend day.
- Many schedules have split days off (example: Wednesdays and Sundays off).
- Plan on working on holidays.
- Attendance during your first 6 months is critical to ensure you successfully complete training, and are available for our peak season. Therefore, any vacation time requests must be preapproved prior to the start of employment. If there is availability to offer time off, our workforce management team will make time off available within our scheduling system and requests are handled on a first come first served basis. You should be aware though that it is very unlikely for there to be availability for time off around holidays or during our peak season from January through March.
- The schedule for training is different! Training is generally Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm EST and attendance is required.
- Your first schedule out of training will be assigned based on business needs. Hours will vary between 8am and 12:00am EST.
- After your 1st schedule post-training, your schedule will be determined based on a ranking system as part of our shift-bid process. Our shift bids are based on performance, productivity, customer experience and tenure. The higher your rank, the earlier you get to choose and the bigger the selection of available shifts. Schedules change every quarter and vary Sunday-Saturday between 8am to 12am EST.
- Schedules may include nights, one or both weekend days, holidays and your days off may not be consecutive.
Our training program will make you an expert in selling cruises and assisting customers with post-booking questions, payments, cancellations, even if you’ve never been on a ship. It’s a mix of virtual training and on-demand modules that will not only teach you how to do the job but will show you who we are as a company.
- Training is Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm EST for 6 weeks and attendance is required at all sessions.
- The entire training class will be working from home so engagement and participation are critical to your success.
- You may feel overwhelmed! This is a fast-paced program packed with crucial content so missing even an hour is like missing a day. Rest assured, you’ll be given plenty of time to practice with live role play exercises and taking plenty of live calls during the training program.
- Being tech savvy is a must! During this training program, you will utilize Outlook, instant messenger, and web conferencing tools. In addition, you will learn our intranet, booking system, and cruise line systems/websites.
- Passing weekly skill checks and call certifications is your pathway to graduation!
The CCR role is a full-time position where you will handle inbound customer service and reservation calls focusing on one call resolution. With your exceptional customer service skills, you will be able to assist our customers with their vacation needs.
- You will be expected to answer roughly 2-3 calls per hour in an 8-hour day while providing phenomenal service to callers who have a vacation already booked or are calling to inquire about a trip.
- You will receive a mix of service and reservation calls. The mix of calls will vary based on call volume, time of year or different promotions beings offered at the time.
- We are a metric driven organization. Sustaining calls per hour, calls to booking/conversion rates and post call surveys are vital to your success as a Customer Care Representative.
- We care about our customers and genuinely want to build relationships with them. Therefore, we don’t have scripts, but we do have a definitive outline called Customer Connection that will serve to guide the conversation you have with our customers.
- You’ll be working with our suppliers (Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, etc…) to make travel reservations, resolve issues, and answer questions. You’ll be trained and expected to utilize our internal booking system, as well as, all of the suppliers’ online booking systems.
- We know you won’t be an expert overnight – we offer a whole team of support agents who are able to offer assistance via chat or phone. You’ll also be in constant communication with your team and leaders via instant message.
- There is a lot to learn! Therefore, you’ll be asked to participate in ongoing trainings to help you stay up-to-date on the industry.
We love to promote from within! In fact, 90% of our leadership team has been promoted internally. We offer an internal professional development program specifically for agents. And, we’re continually hiring for corporate positions as well and many of these positions we recruit exclusively from internal candidates.
- During the six-week training program, the pay is $12.00 per hour.
- Upon graduation, your pay rate will be $12.00/hr while you become proficient in sales and customer service. We also have a weekly incentive program which is targeted to pay out another $0.50 per hour, but you could earn more or less depending on your performance during any given week.
- Once you’ve been here for 12-months post training, you’ll receive enhanced training to take additional calls, and your pay will go from $12.00/hour to $12.50/hour and you will still have the opportunity to earn weekly incentives.
- After 24-months post training, you will be further empowered with additional training to be considered a Full Service Agent (FSA). As an FSA, you’ll be able to handle just about anything and your pay goes to $13.00/hour plus weekly incentives.
- In addition, we pay a shift differential of $1.00/hour for certain evening schedules (shifts ending midnight or later).
Yes! We offer a complete benefits package with lots of discounts on travel.
- After 90 days, you’ll be eligible to enroll in all of our benefits programs. We offer medical (United Healthcare), dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and even home, auto and pet insurance.
- Our 401K plan is through Fidelity Investments. We offer a discretionary match annually if our financial objectives are met.
- We also offer PTO (paid time off) which you’ll be eligible to earn after 90 days including vacation, sick/personal days, and we even give you one paid volunteer day for you to serve your community.
- You’ll also get fantastic travel discounts; 15% employee discount on cruises, ship inspection opportunities, insider’s scoop on distressed inventory, and so much more!
- We work hard and play hard so we love the travel perks! Best of all, opportunities for free cruises!
Our People! We pride ourselves in having the best team in travel. At World Travel Holdings, you’re not just a number, you are family! We believe in transparency and open door communication. Together we fulfill our mission of delivering a remarkable experience to our customers and employees.
HEAR FROM OUR EMPLOYEES ABOUT WHAT IT IS
LIKE TO BE A CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE …
“I came to World Travel Holdings because I was looking for a job where I could have lots of fun and make dreams come true. I have found a true passion for booking clients on their dream vacations and getting them excited about cruising.”
– Erika Hollifield / Team Lead / Virginia Beach, VA office / Employee since 2007
“Working at World Travel Holdings feels like home. I work with wonderful agents and issues that challenge my mind every day. My coworkers and managers work well as a team — we are a family. It’s very rewarding.”
– Midia Badesso / Reservation Accounting Coordinator / Virginia Beach, VA office / Employee since 1996
“I love what I do, the people I work with, and getting to visit destinations most people only dream of seeing. I love watching the children of our fellow employees grow up. The daughter of one of our agents was my daughter’s first babysitter. Now she is a college graduate and married with kids of her own. I absolutely love the relationships I have built here.”
– April Rose / Vice President of Customer Care / Virginia Beach, VA office / Employee since 1997