Top-selling travel advisors share best practices for elevating the luxury villa vacation experience for clients
Wakefield, Mass. (August 22, 2023) – Villas of Distinction®, the world’s premier luxury villa rental company, announces insider tips from some of its top-selling travel advisor partners. According to Flywire Corporation (Nasdaq: FLYW), a global payments enablement and software company, 83 percent of luxury travelers surveyed plan to spend more on travel in 2023 than they did in 2022.*
The Flywire Corporation report also highlighted the value of the travel advisor when creating a luxury experience. 81 percent of respondents say working with travel experts is the only way to have a true luxury travel experience – up from 74 percent in 2022.*
“Our top priority is working with our travel advisor partners to educate; support; provide value, such as special bonus commissions; and help them earn more,” said Steve Lassman, vice president of villa product and agency relations for Villas of Distinction. “The trends speak for themselves; travelers are willing to spend on a luxury vacation and they are going to use a travel advisor to book it. We are here to help our travel advisor partners succeed.”
Villas of Distinction reached out to some of its top-selling villa vacation experts to share tips and best practices for selling luxury villa vacations:
- “It is not enough to get a count of the number of people, you need to know the exact bedding type they need and who can and cannot share a bed. That calculus determines how many bedrooms are necessary. When evaluating options, it’s always better to go with a bigger unit than originally anticipated than smaller unit. Personal space is crucial.” – Ellen Goldman, luxury travel advisor & president of Trav-ellen’ Inc.
- “Plan as far in advance as possible for the best selection of private tours, desirable suites, and the most attractive pricing. Even people in the luxury space value “perks” that are included in travel. I think my high-end clients, even though they have bigger budgets, are more conscientious of the overall cost of travel. They value ease and all-inclusive where possible even if that means having a chef available when needed for family vacations in villas or private dinners with chefs.” – Nicole Karuzas, Nicole’s Getaways Dream Vacations
- “European villas offer so much value in comparison to luxury hotels. The value is incredible when you consider the space, the number of bedrooms, and the freedom you have compared to the costs of luxury hotels these days. A family of four or five will need two rooms, ideally a connecting. These rooms will likely start around 250 square feet at an incredible cost during the summer months in the luxury market. When you compare that to the price of a villa rental for three bedrooms and the amount of space you can have, there is fantastic value. Use a villa as a base and take day trips. Enjoy yourself and go at a slower pace and take in all of the beauty the destination offers. You will have much more cultural experience, feel like a local, and appreciate the space.” – Jessica Griscavage, Departure Lounge
- “Have your clients think of a villa as their own personal hotel AND home away from home. I’ve never had a client complain after returning home from a villa vacation. First timers usually wonder what took them so long. Repeat renters realize it’s the only way to have a relaxing, self-paced trip. There are so many positive selling points for those interested in a villa vacation. For example, staffed villas — the staff are there to focus on your client, so they are more attentive. Villas also offer more flexibility; no more worrying that your comped breakfast can only be served before 10 a.m. Kids don’t share a room at home and with multiple bedrooms in a villa, they won’t have to on vacation. Your clients also don’t have to worry about getting up at 5 a.m. to get a lounge chair or fight for space at the pool because villas have private pools. Whenever hungry during the day or in the middle of the night, at a villa, there aren’t reduced room service hours or $18 scoops of ice cream. Clients can simply go to their pre-stocked kitchen and grab a bite to eat. Some villas even offer an on-call chef to cook up that perfect late-night grilled cheese. The point is you get all the luxury and amenities of a hotel with the personal touch and privacy of a home.” – David Kass, Frosch Travel
- “In the competitive world of travel, catering to the discerning needs of luxury travelers requires a unique set of skills and strategies. With an unwavering commitment to providing unparalleled service and curating extraordinary experiences we must provide invaluable guidance in order to excel in this highly specialized niche. Luxury travelers crave tailor-made experiences that resonate with their unique preferences. It is therefore our responsibility to emphasize the importance of understanding clients on a personal level in order to craft itineraries and find properties that surpass their expectations. The significance of offering exclusive access to attractions, private tours, dinner reservations and VIP experiences is also key to the unique property we are providing for our clients. We as advisers work together as a team with our trusted suppliers in order to do so. In the luxury market, every detail matters and I firmly believe that meticulous attention to even the smallest aspect of a holiday, from seamless transportation to exquisite accommodations, is essential to creating a flawless experience. Rather than focusing solely on the price, I recommend highlighting the unique value of the experience and curate the details to match the client’s personality and wish list. By showcasing the once-in-a-lifetime moments and unparalleled service, luxury travelers are more likely to invest. It is also very important to underscore the importance of building lasting relationships with clients. By providing exceptional service before, during, and after the trip, we as advisers can foster trust and secure repeat business.” – Maryann Gaskin | Gaskin Travel Inc.
In addition to being the only luxury villa provider to consistently partner with the travel agency community, Villas of Distinction supports advisors by directing its guests to book with a travel advisor, providing enhanced promotions for their clients as well as hosting special “Wine Down Wednesday” and “Lunch and Learn” events. It also continues to increase advisor engagement by providing more educational knowledge about villas, which has helped them to successfully sell this unique product.
For more information about educational opportunities or how to get started selling villa vacations, visit the Travel Advisors page on VillasofDistinction.com or call 800-289-0900.
About Villas of Distinction®
Villas of Distinction®, as part of World Travel Holdings, is an award-winning, full-service villa experience creator with a portfolio of thousands of privately-owned villas in more than 52 destinations worldwide including the United States, Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Central America, and beyond. Many villas feature excellent staff and state-of-the-art amenities – like private pools, home theaters, in-villa game rooms, and fitness centers. The luxury villa provider has gained its guests’ trust by ensuring every villa meets strict standards so that each home exceeds expectations. Since 1989, the Villas of Distinction team have made vacation planning effortless by pairing travelers find their perfect vacation home and curating one-of-a-kind getaways at the world’s top villas. Travel Advisors have named Villas of Distinction as the Gold winner for “Best Villa Rental Company Overall” in the annual Travvy Awards since 2015. www.VillasofDistinction.com.