We happen to love it, but we’re probably biased. Some of the perks we found are that you don’t have to worry about commuting, packing lunch, and you can wear whatever you want. Some of the challenges are that you must be comfortable working independently, and disciplined to remove distractions and adhere to your work schedule. You’re home but not alone! You’ll have access to an internal support team that is available real-time to help answer any of your questions. In addition, we have tools like team chats and webcam that help foster engagement with your peers and management.
No, in order for us to maintain the security of our network and grant you access to our systems, we provide you a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, phone and headset. We require a refundable equipment deposit of $250 which is spread out over 5 payroll deductions of $50/each. The deposit will be refunded when your employment ends and equipment is returned in good condition.
For your internet service, you will need FiOS, cable internet (preferred) or DSL (if only option). To run our systems and receive phone calls, the required speeds are 10.0 Mbps download speed and 5.0 Mbps upload speed. To check your internet speed, go to www.speedtest.net. We do not support dial up, satellite connections, “line-of-site”, or Wifi (e.g. 4G LTE) connections.
Maintaining stable connectivity is a job requirement. Dependent on the speed and stability of your internet connection and audio/voice quality, you may be required to either upgrade your service and/or obtain a traditional land line. Should a traditional land line be required, you will need a home phone line with no features such as call waiting or long distance. We support traditional land lines and digital voice service provided by your cable provider. We do not support internet based phone services (Vonage, Magic Jack, Sykpe, Ooma, etc.)
We’re available to our customers 24/7 and therefore Travel Professionals must be available to work between the hours of 8AM EST and 12:00 AM EST. Here’s what to expect:
- Available to work full-time (35-45 hours/week) based on business needs. Typically, Q1 is when we experience the 45-hour work weeks.
- You will generally work 9-hour shifts (8 hours with 1-hour break).
- You will be scheduled to work at least one weekend day.
- Many schedules have split days off (example: Wednesdays and Sundays off).
- Plan on working on holidays.
- Attendance during your first 6 months is critical to ensure you successfully complete training, and are available for our peak season. Therefore, any vacation time requests must be preapproved prior to the start of employment. If there is availability to offer time off, our workforce management team will make time off available within our scheduling system and requests are handled on a first come first served basis. You should be aware though that it is very unlikely for there to be availability for time off around holidays or during our peak season from January through March.
- The schedule for training is different! Training is generally Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST and attendance is required.
- Your first schedule out of training will be assigned based on business needs. Hours will vary between 10:00 AM and 12:00 AM EST.
- After your 1st schedule post-training, your schedule will be determined based on a ranking system as part of our shift-bid process. Our shift bids are based on performance, productivity, customer experience and tenure. The higher your rank, the earlier you get to choose and the bigger the selection of available shifts. Schedules change every quarter and vary Sunday-Saturday between 8AM to 12AM EST.
- Schedules may include nights, one or both weekend days, holidays and your days off may not be consecutive.
Our training program will make you an expert in selling cruises and vacations, even if you’ve never been on a ship. It’s a mix of virtual training and on-demand modules that will not only teach you how to do the job but will show you who we are as a company.
- Training is Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST for 6 weeks and attendance is required at all sessions.
- The entire training class will be working from home so engagement and participation are critical to your success.
- You may feel overwhelmed! This is a fast-paced program packed with crucial content so missing even an hour is like missing a day. Rest assured, you’ll be given plenty of time to
- practice with live role play exercises and taking plenty of live calls during the training program.
- Being tech savvy is a must! During this training program, you will utilize Outlook, instant messenger, and web conferencing tools. In addition, you will learn our intranet, booking
- system, and cruise line systems/websites.
- Passing weekly skill checks and call certifications is your pathway to graduation!
The Travel Professional role is a full-time, sales position where you will sell cruise and land vacations while cultivating lasting relationships with our customers. We want our customers to feel that you are their ‘go to’ person. You have the expertise they need to turn their dream vacation into a reality. There is no cold calling involved as we generate the leads through our various marketing efforts. The role is about closing the sale, going above and beyond for the customer and building relationships that will create lifelong, customer loyalty!
- You will be expected to answer roughly 1-2 calls per hour, as well as following up with customers you have previously spoken to that did not book on the initial call. Following up on leads is a key success factor in this position.
- You will also receive calls from customers you have booked that will need remarkable service with their existing bookings. There is a lot to balance, but we have clear expectations that you will learn during training to make you successful.
- We are a metrics driven organization. Sustaining metrics such as conversion rates, margin per hour, calls per hour and selling time are vital to your success as a Travel Professional.
- We care about our customers and genuinely want to build relationships with them. Therefore, we don’t have scripts, but we do have a definitive outline called Customer Connection that you will follow while working with our customers.
- You’ll be working with our suppliers (Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, etc…) to sell travel, resolve issues, and answer questions. You’ll be trained and expected to utilize our internal booking system, as well as all of the suppliers’ online booking systems.
- We know you won’t be an expert overnight – we offer a whole team of support agents who are able to offer assistance via chat or phone. You’ll also be in constant communication with your team and leaders via instant message.
- You’ll be asked to participate in ongoing trainings to help you stay up-to-date on the industry, as well as help you develop in your role and career.
We love to promote from within! In fact, 90% of our leadership team has been promoted internally. We offer an internal professional development program specifically for agents. And, we’re continually hiring for corporate positions as well and many of these positions we recruit exclusively from internal candidates.
On average, most agents make about $35K during their 1st year as it takes time to get the hang of the job and learn the product. Some make significantly more than this, but the average is around $17.00 per hour. Our compensation plan rewards great performance. The way the pay works is:
- During the six week training program, the pay is $15.00/hour.
- Following training, the position is primarily an incentive based position and will earn a booking incentive for each booking with the ability to see them in your agent incentive estimator updated daily.
- The booking incentive is calculated as a percentage of the commission paid to WTH on the vacation from the supplier. The percentage is determined based on a variety of criteria, such as your performance level and the type of cabin (inside/outside/balcony/suite) sold. You will start on a new-hire compensation scale, but as you learn your role and demonstrate excellence in performance you have the opportunity to move to compensation scales with higher payout percentages.
- Our first year Travel Professionals average about $17 per hour, however since it is a performance based pay plan, it is possible to make much more or to make less.
- We do give all of our Travel Professionals the protection of a minimum hourly rate. During your first year of employment, provided you are meeting minimum performance expectations, it is $15/hour. If your shift ends midnight or later, you are given an extra dollar per hour in shift differential.
- After the first year, the guaranteed rate drops to $10.00/hour (or minimum wage in your state if it is higher than $10.00).
- At the close of every two week pay cycle, your total booking incentives will be compared to what your hourly pay would be at and you will be paid whichever is greater.
- While the guarantee rate is there as a safety net, the intention of this role is to earn higher than this guaranteed rate. Successful Travel Professionals in year two and beyond will average annual salaries between $40k – $70k, some making six figures.
Yes! We offer a complete benefits package with lots of discounts on travel.
- After 90 days, you’ll be eligible to enroll in all of our benefits programs. We offer medical (United Healthcare), dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and even auto, home and pet insurance.
- Our 401K plan is through Fidelity Investments. We offer a discretionary match annually if our financial objectives are met.
- We also offer PTO (paid time off) which you’ll be eligible to earn after 90 days including vacation, sick/personal days, and we even give you one paid volunteer day for you to serve your community.
- You’ll also get fantastic travel discounts; 15% employee discount on cruises, ship inspection opportunities, insider’s scoop on distressed inventory, and so much more!
- We work hard and play hard so we love the travel perks! Best of all, opportunities for free cruises!
Our People! We pride ourselves in having the best team in travel. At World Travel Holdings, you’re not just a number, you are family! We believe in transparency and open door communication. Together we fulfill our mission of delivering a remarkable experience to our customers and employees.
HEAR FROM OUR EMPLOYEES ABOUT
WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE A TRAVEL PRO …
“There are so many things that I love about my job. Mostly the opportunity to see the world and share my passion with others. World Travel Holdings is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Allowing me to work from home and giving me many opportunities to travel to destinations I would never have been able to do without this job. I started as a Travel Pro in 2013 and after a year I moved to Support Coordinator on the Resort for a Day team.”
– Ashley Chipps / Support Coordinator / Virtual / Employee since 2013
“I love World Travel Holdings because I believe in what we do and how we do it. I love working with our teams to support our customers so they can have a wonderful time on vacation with their loved ones. My passion for helping others has me in the exact right place!”
– Jamaica Kressel / Customer Experience Manager / Virginia Beach, VA office / Employee since 2000